Mobs are living, moving game entities. Generally, mobs are affected by the environment in the same ways as the player—they are subject to physics, they can be hurt by catching on fire, falling, drowning, or suffocating, and they can even ride minecarts. When mobs are killed, they drop items which may be useful resources. Mobs come to exist by spawning in various ways. Players can spawn most mobs using spawn eggs in Creative mode. Mobs are aware of players within 16 blocks of them, except for Ghasts, which can see up to 100 blocks away and Endermen, who can see up to 64 blocks away.
[modifica] Mob Attuali
Sono presenti 31 Mob, escludendo il giocatore.
I mob passivi non attaccheranno mai il giocatore.
Tutti i mob passivi eccetto il calamaro richiedono la generazione sulla terra. I calamari richiedono la generazione in acqua.
I mob neutrali non attaccheranno il giocatore a meno che non siano provocati. L'atto di provocazione dei mob neutrali varia tra di essi.
Questi mob possono essere addomesticati dal giocatore.
|Lupo (Cane)||Ocelot (Gatto)|
Hostile mobs will attack the player when in range, each with their own abilities.
Cave Spiders, Zombies, Creepers, Skeletons, Spiders, and Spider Jockeys require a light level of 7 or less to naturally spawn.
All mobs' hostility levels are based on how they are spawned by default. Spiders may become neutral, but they do not spawn neutral.
|Blaze||Cave Spider||Creeper||Ghast||Magma Cube||Silverfish||Skeleton|
|Spider Jockey||Witch||Wither Skeleton||Zombie Villager|
|Slime||Spider||Spider Jockey||Witch||Wither Skeleton||Zombie||Zombie Villager|
Utility mobs are created by and serve the player. Utility mobs will not hurt the player with the exception of Iron Golems, which can be provoked.
|Snow Golem||Iron Golem|
Boss mobs have more complicated attack patterns and movements. They also have a large amount of health.
[modifica] Planned, unused, removed, and potential mobs
Planned mobs are confirmed to be added in a future version of Minecraft.
Unused mobs are found in the source, but are not being used at this time. Through third-party modifications, it is still possible to spawn them.
Removed mobs have been removed from the game and can only be found in previous versions.
|Beast Boy||Black Steve||Human||Rana||Steve|
[modifica] Potential future mobs
There are hints that new mobs might be released in the distant future. Below is the list of mobs that have been mentioned at least once by Notch, Jeb, or other Mojang employees who work on Minecraft and have a possibility of appearing in the game.
- Aside from zombie pigmen, living pigmen have been confirmed to appear in a future update. However, they are not being currently worked on.
- In the Halloween Update, Notch said he would add fish. However, he had limited time, and was thus only able to add them as an item. There is no coding for fish in the game, and no model was created. Dinnerbone has stated that they have plans for fishing, so it is possible fish mobs will be added to the game. 
- Red dragons have been mentioned in multiple posts by Notch, however, he is no longer working on the game. Jeb, who is currently in charge of Minecraft development, has not announced anything about their current development status.
- Dinnerbone commented on Reddit that he would like to add pandas to Minecraft, and that he is testing them.
- Jeb thought to add horses in-game.
- Articolo principale: Mob AI
Mobs will ordinarily wander around at random and usually avoid walking off cliffs high enough to cause falling damage (however, there are the rare and amusing sight in which a cow or sheep will walk of a cliff high enough to cause death), though they can be fooled by non-solid blocks such as trapdoors. In this state, mobs (besides Ghasts and Endermen) have a search radius of 16 blocks.
Mobs are capable of climbing ladders just as the player is: if they try to move towards a ladder they're touching they move up it instead. However, mobs do not see ladders nor do they purposely pathfind up them, so they will not attempt to avoid falling off a ladder should they be on the edge of one and they did not climb all walls. Spiders and Cave Spiders can climb all blocks as if they were ladders.
All mobs except slimes will stop wandering within 5 seconds if there is no player within a 32 block radius. In this state, they will glance around randomly, but they won't walk anywhere. They can still be moved by other means such as flowing water, minecarts, etc. Zombies can walk when there is a villager they can attack even if they are over 32 blocks from a player, similarly villagers will flee when there is a zombie chasing them.
Zombies, Skeletons, Creepers and Wolves have a more advanced path finding system compared to other mobs. Here is a video showcasing their path finding system.
[modifica] Hostile mobs
If the closest player to a wandering hostile mob is within the search radius of 16 blocks and a line of sight can be drawn, (Spiders can always draw line of sight) the mob will enter pursuit mode. In this mode, mobs can see through all blocks and will walk towards the player. Some mobs, most notably skeletons and creepers, will start circling the player (moving to the left from the player's view) when close enough (skeletons at a long range for strafing, Creepers at a very short range). Zombies will sink in water, and whilst in pursuit mode, can path around walls to get to the player. When a hostile mob is attacked by another one, it will attack the attacking mob. For example, when a skeleton arrow hits a zombie, the zombie will attack the skeleton. Also, if a Creeper is killed by a Skeleton's arrow it will drop a music disc, provided that the Creeper does not kill the Skeleton first. Hostile mobs do not spawn in peaceful mode, though.
[modifica] Passive mobs
Animals are attracted to both light and grass. If there is a lot of grass nearby, they will wander toward it regardless of light level. If they are completely surrounded by grass, they will wander aimlessly. If they can't see any grass, they will wander toward light. Passive mobs will flee randomly when attacked. Some passive mobs will follow a player if its currently held item is wheat, seeds, or raw fish. As long as the player does not get too far ahead of the mob, they will follow the player over long distances. This can be used to corral mobs into pens in order to make farms. If wheat is given to the mob by right clicking the mob, the mob will enter breed mode. This does not work with squids. No passive mob, except for squid and ocelots[citazione necessaria], will despawn if the player moves too far away from them. This also applies to wolves.
- Articolo principale: Conquiste
|Icona||Obiettivo||Descrizione nel gioco||Prerequisiti||Requisiti attuali (se differenti)||Restrizione di versione||Punti Xbox guadagnati|
|Monster Hunter||Attack and destroy a monster||Time to Strike!||None||20G|
|Sniper Duel||Kill a skeleton with an arrow from more than 50 meters||Monster Hunter||"50 meters" is 50 blocks away.||PC||N/A|
|Cow Tipper||Harvest some leather||Time to Strike!||Pick up Leather from the ground.||None||15G|
|When Pigs Fly||Fly a pig off a cliff||Cow Tipper||Use a saddle to ride a pig, then have the pig get hurt from fall damage while riding it.||None||40G|
- Mobs will frequently spawn in groups with mobs of the same variety.
- Mobs will not spawn on transparent blocks, in water (except for Squid) or lava or half blocks (slabs), except from monster spawners, where they can even spawn in air.
- Mobs can not see through semi-transparent blocks such as ice, glass, or glass panes. Zombies however do have the ability to see through windows, and slimes can see through any block.
- Mobs have been found to spawn facing south. This includes with spawn eggs.
- For bugs unique to specific mobs, see that mob's respective bug section.
- Mobs spin when on fences.
- When mobs spawn, smoke comes out of them, but not in multiplayer.
- The Halloween Update version 1.2.0 (Alpha) allowed hostile mobs to spawn in higher light levels at lower depths, using the formula 16 - (Layer ÷ 8). At level 8 and below, mobs could spawn even in sunlight. Notch reverted mob spawning to the original method in version 1.2.1 (Alpha) saying, "It was far too annoying. I have plans on what to do with this."
- Mob noises can be heard up to 16 blocks away which is the same distance that hostile mobs can sense you. Therefore, if the player hears a hostile mob, it is highly likely that that mob have already noticed the player.
- Players can approach a hostile mob without being detected if they ensures that there are solid blocks between them and the mob.
- After killing a player, or if a player dies while hostile mobs are pursuing the player, the hostile mobs will gather around the player's deathplace, attempting to attack the player. This is because the player has been made invisible and non-solid, but still exists in that position. (evident by the "Game Over" screen still remaining in that position). The hostile mobs' heads will "spazz out", a humorous glitch caused by the pathfinding of the mobs so it looks like the hostile mobs are eating the player. A player can use this to their advantage by holding a large number of hostile mobs over their deathplace while another player may pass by unnoticed. This quirk can also work against the player in the case of death by ghast, since (if there is another player present to keep the chunk loaded) the ghast will continue to fire at the player, possibly destroying more of the player's constructions or dropped items. The targeting of the player by the hostile mob is canceled once the player logs out, quits, or respawns.
- If a hostile mob has found a player and has activated hostile mode, the player can separate him or herself and the mob through a wall, relog, and the mob will no longer be in hostile mode.
- Mobs still spawn on peaceful, but disappear too quickly for the game to render their sprites long enough for most players to notice.
- Due to the Skeleton's tendency to shoot instantly on sight, standing near a skeleton spawner on peaceful may cause an arrow or two to fire at you during the instant they spawn and disappear. This may not always happen and is more evident on a server due to lag.
- In the Pocket Edition, animals are attracted to water and will return it to when pushed out.
- On Halloween, 2012, Zombies, Zombie Villagers, Skeletons, Wither Skeletons and Zombie Pigmen had a chance of spawning a pumpkin on their head, with the rare chance of spawning with a Jack-O-Lantern instead.
- ↑ http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/17279/how-far-can-mobs-see/
- ↑ Wikipedia: Mob
- ↑ http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/kml6r/notchs_new_snowman_mob_is_craftable_and_throws/c2lhmgx
- ↑ http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/s2oqp/i_am_erik_broes_aka_grum_developer_of_minecraft/c4aoa5d
- ↑ http://twitter.com/notch/status/28068089223
- ↑ www.twitter.com/dinnerbone
- ↑ http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/s0pqt/i_am_nathan_adams_aka_dinnerbone_developer_of/c4a5sxc
- ↑ http://twitter.com/jeb_/status/220133852692217856
- ↑ http://notch.tumblr.com/post/1486843146/minecraft-alpha-1-2-1-minecraft-server-0-2-3